Friday, March 10, 2006

A Sip of Cold Water.

I have recently been taking a sip of cold water, and hanging out with Izrah at The Water Cooler. On the topic of Black Like Me Revisited we have been discussing racism and why Danny Glover, and Kadeem Hardison can't get a cab in NYC. To quote myself,
If I was a cab driver in NYC, and I wanted to make it home safely every night I would carefully consider my options. As the chances of me getting robbed and killed increases, then the chances of me stopping to pick up a passenger decreases. It is called common sense and survival. No amount of cab fare is worth risking my life.

I don’t suppose there are any Black cab drivers that didn’t pick up Danny or Kadeem. If there were, would they be rednecks or blacknecks?
On the topic of Bushwacked...Again! we have been discussing National Security, the United Arab Emirates, how Bush stole the 2000 election from Algore in Florida. To quote myself again.

In reference to Florida voters,
Have you considered that the major problem with Florida voting is Florida voters. What political party builds a base with people who are unable to read a ballot, who unable to find a polling place, and who are felons. Registered or not, if you aren’t smart enough to stay out of jail, you aren’t smart enough to elect our leadership. FWIW, In 2000 and 2004, Florida wasn’t the Dems problem. They lost in the home of Algore (TN), the home of Slick Willy (AR), and the home of John Edwards (NC). If your home state won’t vote for you, Gods waiting room (Florida) should be the least of their worries. John sKerry only lost by 3 million votes, maybe he should try again.
Concerning the UAE port management and National Security,
As far as the UAE, this is another issue in which I don’t agree with the Bush Administration. However, I have two things many others lack. That is faith and trust. I have faith and trust that the leadership that has prevented any major terrorist attack in the US since 9-11, will continue to do so. You know, when you really look at our national security, it wasn’t the UAE that told our enemy that we were monitoring their email (and phone calls) and had prisons in other countries; it was the political enemies of GWB. It wasn’t the UAE that lied and said we were mistreating in Gitmo and that we flushed a Koran; it was the political enemies of GWB. It wasn't the political enemies of GWB that supported our troops in the War on Terror, it was the UAE. All things considered, if my life depended on it, I think I would trust the UAE before I would trust the Democrat party.
On Slick Willy...
I won’t address your brotha and the “little head” while in office except to say that lying under oath is a crime.
Again, concerning Floridia voters...
Innocent people in jail may be an issue and a concern, but your statement says nothing to justify people voting who are not legally permitted to do so. A voter should be more than some under-educated, illiterate, uninformed, drug addicted, illegal alien that is rounded up off a street corner, and giving a bag of weed, a sample ballot, and a ride to the polls. Is targeting the felon, illiterate and illegal vote the only way Dems can get elected?
And concerning "Bush Lied."
The Bush lied argument is very old, and it may be time for another play from that old antique “call’em racist and say they lie” playbook.
Since have been doing this web log thing, I haven't decided which I enjoy more, the posting of my own topics or commenting on the topics of others. This recent exchange is proof that friends with contradictory points of view can have civilized discussions and still (I hope) remain friends.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?